Aug 13, 2007
I'm spending my weekends this summer in Dewey Beach, Delaware.
It's the true story of 16 strangers (in their 30s) who chose to pay money to live in a 4 bedroom house, listen to loud snoring, and see Kristen and the Noise a thousand times, to find out what happens when people stop having privacy and start going to Dewey Camp.
I'm out of my element, but it's good TV and gives me freckles.
Since these are the dog days, let's check the Thermostat. Frankel's Thermostat.
MP3 >> Thermostat
Jul 30, 2007
I'm just suggesting that if you're lucky enough not to be on the first one going down, wait at least 4 days before getting into a chopper yourself...
- This morning a Dallas news chopper made a fiery "emergency landing" just 3 days after 2 Arizona news and traffic helicopters collided in mid-air resulting in a fiery and deadly crash.
- Back in March, a Heli-USA tour helicopter crashed, killing 4. Three days later, another tour helicopter proved unable to stay in the air and 1 person died.
Jun 29, 2007
Despite having a $50 iTunes gift certificate at home, I just pressed "buy." Staples is wrong, that monster the real easy button.
On first listen, I'm finding it more pleasing and agreeable to my sensibilities than his last 5 releases. This is my Ryan.
Jun 25, 2007
Answer: Perhaps even if money doesn't grow on trees, it grows on me.
Question: How does a dime get on the shower drain?
It's a good thing money does grow on me because I went to New York this weekend. Aside from all the fun, it's not a different experience than opening your bank account and dropping it from the Top of the Rock.
Jun 22, 2007
If you've followed my fandom tendencies at all you know EM's You'll Be the Death of Us All, Honey is at the top of my list for 2007. The band is squirrelly in its reticence to release one of the finest collection of tunes I've heard, but I suppose it's worth the wait.
In the meantime, you can listen to a live preview of Emergency Music on the Band In Boston podcast.
Jun 17, 2007
We're all familiar with the Kathy Griffin bit about being on the D List, right?
She's a big fan of saying things like,
"This is not how Reese Witherspoon spent her day."
Well, I can assure you this is not how Kathy Griffin spent her day.
I think I can outdo her status by 6 letters. Maybe more.
- I had to take my 14 year old car to the dealership because only they have the secret code to get me back my Hot 95.5.
- We pulled into the lot, my car and I, feeling intimidated, rusty, dirty, and dented in the bright light of all the new cars.
- We parked right in the middle of them and tried to blend in. At 2pm on a Saturday this ensured us prompt service. I don't think they wanted us to stick around too long.
- We survived this forced bout of insecurity so I though we deserved a treat.
- I drove straight to the car wash and picked out option #3. As I gathered my CD's and tissue box, the man knocked on my window and said,
"I'm sorry, your car is too dirty for the car wash. You pay more."
MP3 >> Juice in June
MP3 >> Little Wings