Dec 18, 2006

A Wisp of a List

Dancing Painting Dancers

Below you'll find, in no particular alphabetical order, my 5 favorite records of 2006 that aren't on other lists (yet).

For best-of lists I enjoy, see
Largehearted Boy
Cable & Tweed
Information Leafblower

*****************************************

Jeffrey Foucault
Ghost Repeater
Stream 3 tunes here

What I said:
6/19/2006
*****************************************

Bobby Bare Jr.
The Longest Meow
The Heart Bionic - mp3

What I said:
9/25/2006
*****************************************

Justin Jones
Love versus Heroin
MySpace

What I said:
2/17/2006
8/31/2006
******************************************

Kris Delmhorst
Strange Conversation
MySpace

What I said:
6/6/2006
******************************************

The Lisps
the vain, the modest, and the dead
MySpace
Pepper Spray - mp3

What I said:
11/25/2006

3 comments:

Phil said...

What? The new Kenny Rogers album in not on this list? Are you insane?

wharman said...

I am a chicken in the stream.

wharman said...

Clarification: I too enjoy The Hold Steady and Bishop Allen and Cat Power. I just thought I'd point out a couple albums that I haven't seen mentioned in year-end lists but think are solid efforts.